Comtrade OMS Solution for Nutanix extends Nutanix monitoring capabilities for time effective correlation of log and events with log and event analytics and pinpointing context of issues that affect QoS of applications running on Nutanix Enterprise Clouds.
CLOUD BASED MONITORING ANALYTICS for Nutanix
Comtrade Software’s OMS monitoring solution for Nutanix is a solution that seamlessly integrates into Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) and extends your existing investments into the cloud.
It provides extensive features for monitoring, event and log analytics for Nutanix:
- Acts as a central point for Nutanix log and event collection and analytics to enable correlation of Nutanix log files across CVMs, which speeds up pinpointing issues for Nutanix/IT admins
- Provides historic Nutanix performance metrics like Cluster/Host/Storage/VM latency, IOPS and resource utilization, which to allow definition of threshold based alerts.
- Enables instant identification of Nutanix hosts that run a lot of VMs and identification of hosts that are much less loaded, which enables Nutanix admins to migrate the VMs to less loaded hosts for balancing the load and preventing performance bottlenecks
- Enables central collection of Nutanix alerts that originate from multiple Nutanix clusters and allows alerts’ analytics
- Pinpoints idle VMs or VMs that are powered off or suspended for longer period of time and can be deleted to free the Nutanix storage resources they have occupied
Here are some use cases being solved by Nutanix OMS Solution from Comtrade Software:
Centralize collection and correlate log files: Manually analyzing log files from individual Nutanix nodes (CVMs) when troubleshooting issues and correlating data from different log files is time consuming, therefore by using syslog client functionality on CVMs to forward the log files to OMS and OMS Log Analytics, IT admins can avoid manual browsing of log files on individual CVMs and use OMS Log Analytics instead.
Pinpoint configuration changes: Collecting alerts and events from individual Nutanix clusters is time consuming, difficult to correlate and provides no clear overview. However, a combination of event analytics, log analytics, performance charts and alerts, provides possibility to pinpoint specific configuration changes that caused Nutanix performance improvements or degradation or some alerts.
Oversee resource utilization and performance: Historic resource consumption information and trends are needed to properly size the Nutanix environment and forecast its future resource needs, so historic performance and utilization trend charts for CPU/Memory usage, Storage utilization, Latency, IOPS, etc. for Clusters, Hardware, Storage and VMs provide identification of resource bottlenecks and right sizing of Nutanix environment.
Identify overloaded hosts and clusters to avoid performance bottlenecks: There might be overloaded Nutanix clusters or hosts by running VMs and undeloaded ones and rebalance is needed to keep optimal perfromance and utilization. Hardware view provides hosts’ performance metrics and queries which help identifying overloaded and underloaded hosts and clusters, such as information of number of VMs per Nutanix host in the cluster and identification of top hosts by utilization, which helps deciding if some VMs should be moved to less utilized hosts or clusters.